Speed. It’s one thing that can improve patient satisfaction and increase clinic efficiency. By the time you’ve read this short paragraph, a typical Swift treatment would be complete. It’s all in the name.
Why is Swift® so much quicker than other treatments?
The use of microwave energy is what makes a Swift treatment so quick. Swift delivers a precise, highly controlled energy dose to a pre-determined depth into the skin. The latter part is crucial, and is what sets Swift apart from traditional treatments. As microwaves travel to a pre-determined depth, they don’t break the surface of the skin and destroy tissue from the point of application – like Cryotherapy, Salicylic Acid or Laser Ablation. As soon as the treatment begins, microwaves are working within that defined field – and no deeper. Water molecules within the tissue begin colliding and creating localised heat energy – quickly treating all infected tissue within that area. The graphic below highlights the targeted zone within which a treatment takes place.
This process takes just 5 seconds, for a typical treatment.
Shorter Appointment Times
A 5 second treatment alone doesn’t allow Clinicians to shorten appointment times – but there are a number of further procedural benefits that do, as reported by Swift users*:
- No anaesthetic required – clinics can reduce procedure time through minimal patient prep. Patients report that discomfort caused by the treatment only lasts 2-3 seconds, and dissipates instantly once the treatment is over - leaving only low levels of post-procedural pain*. Patients can return to normal daily activity as soon as they walk out of the door
- Only minimal reduction necessary – only a light debridement is necessary to ensure a clean surface contact with the Swift applicator
- No dressings usually required – as microwaves do not break the surface of the skin, the requirement for post-procedural padding or dressings is greatly reduced
The ability to shorten appointment times to just 10-15 minutes means Clinicians can manage clinic time more efficiently, fit more treatments into a day and reduce time between appointments. When compared with a Dry Needling procedure (average time 1 hour), the benefits of Swift to a clinic are clear.
*as reported during an independent clinical study, currently awaiting publication
In This Section
- Faster Treatments
- Cleaner Treatments
- Grow Your Clinic Business
- The Swift System
- How Safe Are Microwaves?
- Emblation: The Company Behind Swift
- The Research
Find an upcoming event near youSearch
See how quickly your Swift unit pays for itselfMore
Where to buy SwiftView